Friday, January 18, 2008

It's been a looooong week....

I know, I know...it's been a few weeks since my last post. I promise to have a few more pics up in the next couple days. But for now, I just wanted to vent, I guess. I think there's nothing more sad than having a sick child. And there's nothing more draining than being a sick mom, taking care of a sick child. That's what we've been up to for the past week and a bit. It started out as a cough for Alexa which quickly turned into a full blown ear infection and a very nasty cold. And being the sweet thing she is, she shared with her mama! Thankfully though, Alexa is back to her happy self. She still has a bit of a cough but she's smiley and content once again. Me??? Well, I'm getting there. But through it all, I do have things I'm thankful for or maybe just things I'm enjoying...like Alexa really understanding me. Whenever I say, "let's go upstairs" or "let's change your bum" or "you ready for a nap"...she'll walk to the bottom of the stairs and wait at the gate until I'm ready to go with her. And likewise, when we're upstairs and I say, "let's go downstairs" or "let's go to your room", she goes to the door of my room and waits. It's so darn cute that I just had to share it. And now she jokes with me too. It makes me laugh every time...even when she's kicking her legs, making it hard to change her bum - because I just look at her and she starts giggling and then will do it again. Such a little personality is emerging and I love it. Well, that's enough sharing...I have dinner to get on and more laundry to fold before we head out for the evening. Caio!

0 comments: