Friday, April 18, 2008

An Earthquake...for reals!!!

Kevin and I were woken up this morning at 5:39 to our whole house shaking. It lasted a good 6-7 seconds and felt like a small elephant had just run through our living room downstairs! Turns out it was a for real earthquake. It happened in West Salem, Illinois - about 150 miles from here and we were lucky enough to feel it!! Kinda crazy. Here's the news article from one of Louisville's local news channels. http://www.wlky.com/news/15919666/detail.html Tornadoes, now earthquakes....what's in store for us next????

5 comments:

Krista said...

This is so crazy! You never think that earthquakes can happen inland. Lets see....I think the next natural desaster is probably going to be some sort of bug infestation! What kind of bugs you got there=)

Jessie said...

I can't even imagine being in an earthquake. I had a hard time with the tornados. At least it wasn't closer. It could have been a lot worse.

Kade and Emily said...

I don't think hurricans reach this far inland. Thank goodness.

kelseyp said...

yikes! i heard about that on the news. glad your all safe!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.