Friday, April 4, 2008

Take Me Home, Country Roads...

Picture it, Sicily, 1912...okay, not really...but how 'bout Leavitt, Alberta, Canada, 1980, and I (Collette) am standing in the center of my Grandma Leavitt's kitchen table, singing "Chunky" Roads (aka Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver). It was my favorite, or so I'm told. I could barely talk but apparently could sing this song!! I don't remember being such a ham (I guess we know where Alexa gets it though!!), but my Grams did record it for posterity so I know for a fact that it actually happened. I'd be singing for everyone to hear and then would say "evwebody cwap" and then would start singing again.

Well, since we live so close to West Virginia, I really wanted to go there (for those of you who are not familiar with the song, it is about WV) and when my mom found out we were going, she insisted that I HAD to sing the song again. So here it is...American Idol, here I come!!! JUST kidding!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

det...you rock for doing that! you should have totally sung it like you were 2 again and had alexa right there with you!

Kade and Emily said...

American Idol, here you come!! Isn't West Virginia beautiful? Looks like you had a good time.

jenny said...

Thanks soooo much honey. I had just started taking guitar lessons and that was one of the first songs I learned to sing and play and guess who had been listening and then started performing whether anyone would listen or not!! And you were the biggest ham ever - Alexa is sooo you!!!! luv you tons for doing that and a lot of other reasons too!!