Monday, June 2, 2008

A Surprise Visit!!

Last night, right around 8:30, someone knocked on our door...and kept knocking for about 30 seconds straight! Kevin and I were sitting on the couch, me in my pj's...so I ran up the stairs while he went to check it out. We weren't expecting anyone! And to my great surprise, it was my fabulous friend, Nancy, from Canada. She was here visiting a couple months ago and so I never expected to see her on my door step again so soon. Calgary is a LOOOOOONG ways from Kentucky!! Well, it turns out she had a wedding to go to in Chicago this weekend and couldn't pass up the opportunity to come by for a quick visit since she was in my "neck of the woods"!!! What fun! So we visited last night and then had a fun morning at the park where we let Alexa play in the water and then had a yummy BBQ. During Alexa's nap, and since Kevin doesn't have school this week, Nance and I were able to go out for some girl time...which of course includes Target!! Sadly though, Nancy is already gone. It was a super fast visit but oh so fun! Thanks Nancy for making the drive to surprise us!

0 comments: