Friday, July 25, 2008

Having some fun...

I'm just playin around with the picture program on Picasa....what beautiful eyes Alexa has!!
Alexa is now 20 months old and talking non-stop...some of it understandable and some not! Her favorite thing right now is saying "da-da bye-bye busth" since she knows her daddy goes bye-bye on the bus each morning. She even knows how to say school "coohl" but whenever I ask her where daddy goes on the bus, she just says "busth"...it's pretty cute. She's running around all over the place and amazes me every day with new things she can do. She's starting to play really well with other kids and loves to be outside. I really wish we had a yard to play in at our townhouse but since we don't, we enjoy venturing out to the pool, the splashparks, the zoo, other friends' houses...you name it, we'll do it!! We're not sure what we're going to do once the warm summer days are behind us, but we're trying not to think about that too much right now! She's back to napping only 1/2 an hour each day so we have a lot of hours to fill. It is tiring for her mama...but she is such a huge blessing in my life and brings me (and her daddy too) so much joy, that I can't complain too much!! ;-) Although, if anyone has any tips on how to get a toddler to sleep longer...PLEEEEEAAAASE let me know! Both sets of Grandparents are coming for a visit in August so it will be fun for them to get to know Alexa at this stage where she's so much more interactive and independent. Hopefully she won't play shy too long. Happy 20 Months Alexa!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

Okay, she looks like your twin in this picture! So cute!!

ollie said...

My kids are not nappers -- especially kelly. She stopped taking naps at 18 months. Since I still needed a break every day, we started doing "quiet time". Every day at roughly the same time she would have to go into her room and quietly play for about a 1/2 hour and then I would go in and have her lay down quietly for 1/2 hour (whether she slept or not). Don't know if that will work for you, but I loved it!

jenny said...

What an adorable child - she must be related to my gorgeous child!!!

Jenn said...

She has your beautiful blue eyes...