Thursday, December 11, 2008

And the Verdict is...

Alexa here...I just wanted to make an announcement...I'm going to be a big sister to a LITTLE SISTER next year! Yay, I'm so excited. I just knew it. Every time my mommy and daddy would ask me what mommy's baby was, a boy or a girl, I would always say "girl". I'm so smart! I'm going to be the bestest big sister a little sister could ask for. I can't wait for the end of April when Payton Jae Mortenson will arrive. My mommy heard the name "Payton" a long time ago and really liked it (I think it's just cuz she likes Peyton Manning though!!!), and Jae is after my Gramma Jenny (Jennifer), but my cousin Kailey already has Jennifer as her middle name so my mommy and daddy chose Jae (pronounced "Jay"). I think it's pretty! Well, here's my mom now...I need to go have a nap!
Okay, so here I am at 20 weeks!
And here's how excited Alexa is that we're going to outnumber her daddy even more!!!
Girls Rule and Boys Drool!!!!
And here's a sneak peak at out sweet little girl! The ultrasound went great, Payton (name is subject to change - but we're pretty confident that this is what it will stay) was moving around a ton. She currently weighs 11 ounces, so just an itty bitty thing at this point. It's hard to imagine that she's going to gain another 6-7 lbs in the next 4 months!! I already feel huge! Anyways, there was no doubt she's a girl...she's not embarrassed in the least, just like her big sister!!
And here's her cute little face...don't you just love the 4D pictures!!?!!
She wanted to keep her hands up around her face pretty much the entire time...another thing she already has in common with her big sister!!
And here's a side profile of her entire body. We are thrilled to be having another little girl. They really are so much fun and we already have all the girl stuff so we're pretty well set! Now we'll just anxiously await her arrival and see if I've cloned myself yet again!! :-)

15 comments:

Mandi and Jeff said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys. Our little girls can be friends, well..at least for a year or so:) Congrats!

Rockelle said...

Hey I was totally right on facebook. I always can call these things except with my own!
How are ya?
So add me to your friend or family list!

Rockelle

Christy said...

another little girl ?!?!! that's awesome. we love girls here. I love the name too. lol. i love the name peyton ( you know we have a peyton ) and my hubby would only go for it cuz of Peyton Manning. funny eh ? CONGRATS !

Michael and Brinn said...

You knew it! Those girls genes are pretty strong. I am so happy for you both. I hope Payton gets a little cuter though, J/k. It's so fun to have 2 girls in a row. You look great, may feel big, but you're not. You look fabulous. I'm so excited for you. I bet your family wishes so bad that they could see you guys this Christmas. Enjoy Kentucky and we'll see you when we get back. Congrats!

Anderson Family said...

Congrats! Although we are a little bummed. We wanted a Pablo!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Does your doctor do the 4D pictures automatically no extra charge or did you go have them done? That's super cool!

The Mortenson Family said...

CONGRATS! We still may have to trade since Meg hasn't gotten over us having a boy =) You look awesome... I'm WAY bigger... either that or you're sucking in the for pic... haha! Jen

Laura Jansson said...

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! Fun :) So exciting :)

kelseyp said...

yayayaya! congrats! how fun to have two little girlies.. and another little buddy for our little girl!

the mortensen's said...

WHAHOOOOO!!!! I love love love the name Payton! SOOO much, but Wayne won't let me use it. Anyway....congrats and hav a Merry Christmas!!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

So fun! I am so excited that you are having a girl..it's the thing to do in KY. There aren't many boys born. The 4D pictures are incredible. Technology is awesome!

Maren said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! When am I going to get my girls? How about my two boys can marry your two girls?

Krista said...

I think she has your lips already!

The Wilkes said...

Ok...congrats on the 2nd girlie, but Adam and I STRONGLY disagree with your choice of name. The names we suggest would suit you guys and your Arizona ties better: Wilma, Annika, Bobbi, or our personal favorite Lutie.

AMIT said...

Its very nice pics and Congrats too.
BPO work from home