Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shot Through the Heart....

I am in love!! Okay, so we all know that Kevin is my true love, best friend and eternal companion....however, I have a teensy weensy, little bit of a...okay, HUGE crush on Jon Bon Jovi! As my present for my big milestone birthday this year, my wonderful friend, Waveney (who also turns 30 this year AND shares my love of JBJ), and I decided to celebrate by going to the Bon Jovi concert in Nashville last Thursday. IT WAS AMAZING!! This is the 2nd time I've seen JBJ in concert and he puts on a fabulous show! We had such a great time. We left the kiddos at home and enjoyed a much needed break. Although, after getting home at 4:00 AM the next morning and having to get up only a few hours later, I questioned that decision.....oh, who am I kidding????....it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it - headache, tiredness, crankiness, everything...totally worth it!!! I would do it again tonight if given the opportunity. Also, as an added treat, since we went to the Nashville show, both Big & Rich (who wrote a song with Bon Jovi) and LeAnn Rimes (who did a duet with Bon Jovi) performed. Kinda cool!

One of the highlights of the trip was stopping at a Pilot for treats on the way to Nashville and scoring some $5 binoculars which came in VERY handy during the concert!!

Anyways, here are a few pics from our fun-filled getaway:

Me & Wave getting ready to go inside for the concert!

Wave standing by JBJ's trucks!!! (I'm waiting for the pic of me with his trucks from Waveney's camera!!)

Right BEFORE JBJ came on stage...can you feel the anticipation????

I know, I know....just a few pictures!! :-) I wish I could post them all cuz I got some really good pics! And I'm still waiting for the ones from Wave's camera...so there may be a subsequent post!

3 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Glad you guys had a blast! What a fun birthday present.

Rachael said...

I LOVE it! I am SO glad you guys had a great time!!! what great memories :)

Kade and Emily said...

Fun! You have a cool life. I'm glad you had a good time.