Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

In preparation for Halloween, we needed to carve our pumpkins. We let Alexa decorate her own pumpkin this year and she loved it.
She's pretty proud of her lil' punkin!
And here's our own lil' punkin last year...
And now this year...she's grown up quite a bit!!
We have a tradition in our house that Kevin cuts out the top of the pumpkin and then cleans it out. Then I carve it. I think it's a pretty good system!! Here he is working hard...notice the concentration!
Alexa had to "peek" at what daddy was doing. I think she "peeked" about 15 times in the short time that Kevin was cleaning it out.
The carver at work, with my little helper!!
And the finished product! Turned out pretty well, even if I do say so myself! :-)

2 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

That is a cool pumpkin! I'm not creative enough to do anything besides a face.

Jenn said...

Your hair has gotten so long... all those pregnancy hormones are great!