Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two Years & Two Months

Our little princess is growing up faster than we would like...yet at the same time, I love this stage where she is learning so much every day, talking so much more and becoming more independent by the second!! Alexa received a late Christmas present this week from my wonderful friend, Taffney C., and as you can see Alexa LOVES it! She really is our little princess...she can be so girly at times, loving to dress up, play with dolls, play with her little kitchen...but she also loves trains, cars, blocks and wrestling with her daddy!
She's also my own personal cheering section...she'll tell us "good job mom/dad" all the time but my favorite so far was at church this past Sunday. Since Kevin is in the bishopric, Alexa and I are on our own during Sacrament Meeting and, thankfully, she is an angel and does so well just sitting on my lap, sitting next to me, coloring, eating snacks, etc. I never have to take her out...knock on wood that that continues!! Anyways, we had just finished singing a hymn and she looked up at me and said "good job singing mom"!!! Awwwww...talk about making me feel good.
We're also on the verge of a new phase...potty training. I've purchased all the supplies that I think we'll need and Alexa has been showing interest for several months now so I think it's time to give it a go. However, she came down with the stomach flu again yesterday and so we'll most likely hold off until next week. I'd really like to have this task accomplished prior to baby #2 arriving at the end of April but we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to stress or push her, we'll just take it one day at a time. Wish us luck...next week we'll most likely be stuck at home close to the potty!! Ohhhhh...she really is growing up, isn't she??!!!

2 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

Good luck with the potty training!

ollie said...

Have you ever considered the no-more-diaper party method??? It worked with my kids and two others that I recommended it to. Your kid is potty trained in 3 days -- no lie! The big thing is that you have to wait until they are 3 to do it. But trust me, after trying with 2 kids, this is by FAR the easiest!