Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday Week Update

Well, my birthday week is over :-(. This is always the saddest time of the year for me....one whole year until my next birthday! I really should start celebrating my 1/2 birthday in September to get me through until next March...hahahah, wouldn't Kevin just love that??!!!
Anyways, on Thursday, Kevin took Alexa and I to Wild Eggs for an early lunch. We've heard about it since moving here and finally decided to try it out. And it did not disappoint. When we got there just before 11:00, it was already packed and by the time we left...there was a line out the door. A popular place for sure.
Kevin enjoyed the Stuffed French Toast - Thick sliced sourdough, sweetened cream cheese, blueberries and strawberries, maple syrup, powdered sugar and cinnamon. And I enjoyed Kalamity Katie’s Border Benedict - Green chili cheddar corn cakes, topped with chorizo, two poached eggs and queso fundido, pico de gallo, sour cream, green onion and fresh avocado. Alexa was content to munch on a HUGE pancake and scrambled eggs. I wish I had taken my camera to take pictures, but you'll just have to trust me!
If you haven't been to Wild Eggs, we strongly recommend it!!
And then on Friday, Kevin took us to Graeter's for an ice cream treat! This is one place that we are going to GREATLY miss once moving back out west. It is the best ice cream we have ever tried.
Our favorite is Toffee Chip, we hardly ever deviate from it...and if we do, we always go back to it the next time we go! Again, if you haven't ever been to Graeter's...it's a must try, you'll be hooked!
It was a great birthday week, despite the cold that I'm STILL getting over! Kevin really spoiled me...he even cleaned the bathrooms for me on Saturday! What a guy! Thanks babe for yet another great birthday week. Can't wait for next year!! ;-)

4 comments:

Kirk Graves said...

Good news for you on Graeters. They are building a new manufacturing facility in Ohio to sell their product nationally.

The Wilkes said...

Glad you had a great birthday. I think we're going to try out Wild Eggs this week.

Laura Jansson said...

Mmmm... the stuffed french toast is tasty! We should do a girls brunch there sometime! Yum!

Kade and Emily said...

My doctor's office was right by Wild Eggs. It always smelled SO good, but I've never tried it...mayhaps I will!