Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Kevin!!

Today my man turned the big 2-7! Happy Birthday Babe! Of course, I started the day off right by FORGETTING to wish him a happy birthday as he kissed me goodbye while I was still in bed!! What a good wife I am eh??!! :-) Thankfully, I was on top of things last week and had an ecard scheduled to be sent to him at midnight last night so he had that when he woke up and checked his email this morning!!!
Anyways, Alexa and I did some last minute birthday shopping this morning and I finished his cake while Alexa was napping this afternoon...so we were all ready to celebrate when Kevin got home from school. Alexa was so excited to help daddy open his presents. So excited in fact, that on the way home from picking him up...she told him what one of the presents were (the one we bought this morning). The girl just can't keep a secret!!! Oh well, I had ordered his other 2 gifts online a few weeks ago and I totally surprised him with the DVD we got him...he wasn't expecting it at all.
We had a nice dinner of pecan crusted chicken (seriously so yummy), cheesy mashed potatoes and steamed carrots. Then it was onto the cake.
I think Alexa would have been fine with just skipping dinner and going straight to dessert...but we managed to get a few bites of real food down before she devoured the cake. As you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the face she would make after every bite and after licking her fingers.
Happy Birthday Kevin!
You are my rock and my light and I am so grateful to have you in my life. You really are the best husband a girl could ask for and the best daddy a little girl (almost two little girls) could ever want! Thanks for being there for us always. We love you!!

1 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

Looks like a great little party! I am sure it was fun had by all! Yummy cake, any left? ha/ha only joking. I wouldn't eat it 'cause you know trying to watch my girlish figure.