Monday, April 20, 2009

No Baby Yet!!!

Alright...for those of you who are anxiously awaiting an update (and for those of you who aren't, you get an update anyways!!!)...there are no plans for baby Payton to arrive anytime this week. She could always decide to come on her own, but my doctor said today that she could induce me next Monday, the 27th. Wellllllll....that just didn't work for Kevin's exam schedule. His finals start this Friday and continue through Thursday of next week...but the only one he REALLY has to be at is on Tuesday morning, the 28th. That just wouldn't work for me to be induced on Monday...so the next option is next Friday (which is technically my due date anyways), the 1st of May. I wasn't dilated anymore today (still at 1cm), but I am now 75% effaced and the baby has moved down into position more...so I'm making progress, slowly but surely. AND, I even lost a pound since last week!!!! That's just a little exciting to me since I've put on more weight this time around than I did with Alexa!! :-)
I still have an appointment scheduled for Monday the 27th so we'll see what progress I've made by next week and then I'm sure we'll schedule the induction. But in the meantime, here I am in all my puffy, swollen, achy, tired, pregnant glory at 38 1/2 weeks. Hopefully this will be the last prego pic I take prior to labor!!

6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Hang in there! I know the last few days are miserable. Kira wants Payton to come on her birthday May 2nd...so she votes for the May 1st induction. Darn finals getting in the way!!!
Congrats on the lost pound!

McCandless Co. said...

Collette, I feel your pain, I am fully planning for an early labor like I had with Ryder so that is in about a week 1/2! The waiting game is the worst. Well hopefully all goes well this week, it was hard having Ryder while Kyle was in school too, he didn't have time off like most dad's. We can't wait to see pictures of your little Payton, good luck!

Kim Hughes said...

Good luck with everything Collette. I'll be thinking of you over the next couple weeks. I hope you won't have to wait too much longer. You look adorable.

kelseyp said...

Oh Collette!! I hurt for you. Those last few weeks are brutal. Hang in there chicky. It will all be worth it when you have cute little payton to cuddle with.

Jessie said...

Poor Alexa! Hope she is feeling better! Hang in there only a couple of more weeks till she arrives!

Unknown said...

As much as you want that baby to come right now, it'll probably be easier for you to have Kevin 100% instead of him worried about his finals. That little Payton knows what she's doing by waiting ;) Good luck!