Thursday, June 3, 2010

~More of the House~

Well, here are some more pictures of the house now that the majority of boxes are unpacked. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for our house...many of which will most likely take years to come to fruition, but that's okay. For now, I'll share those hopes and dreams with you...and maybe one day....well, we'll just have to see what happens!! :-)
****
Here is our Master Bedroom. Nothing exciting! I would love to have a dark wood or black matching bedroom set with a king size bed...eventually!!
The living room/dining room...there really isn't much going on here. But doesn't my corner shelf look fabulous in black??!! I LOVE it. I guess we really should call this the "piano room" since that's what it will be for probably a long time. But what I'd like in here: 2 dark leather arm chairs on either side of the corner shelf and a nice dark wood dining table to seat at least 8. And that's pretty much all we need in here....some place to entertain when we have friends and family over, with a little extra seating. We spend the majority of our time in the family room anyways!
And thanks to a sweet new neighbor who wasn't using her crib mattress anymore, we were finally able to set up Payton's crib and get her out of the pac-n-play! Poor thing had been sleeping in it for almost a month. And with her crib set up, I felt like I could finally set up her room too. On my wishlist...a cute white dresser for her.
And here's our kitchen/family room. This is where we live pretty much all the time! On the wishlist...which will most likely be a priority once we are able, is a loveseat (as we REALLY need more seating in here) and an area rug (that tile floor isn't very forgiving on little bottoms!!).
And finally...a bit of a change to Alexa's room. I found a steal of a deal on a twin mattress set and so we were able to put away her toddler bed and get her into a bigger bed. She soooo needed it....she was pretty much as tall as her toddler bed and with all her "friends" that she requires to sleep with her, there wasn't much room left at all. And back when Payton was born, my mom had also made Alexa a quilt and pillowsham but did a twin-size quilt so we were excited to finally bring that out.
And that's it folks...I think I've pretty much updated on all the rooms in the house. No need to post a picture of our UPSTAIRS laundry room, just know that I LOVE it!!! And the spare room/office...well, that is a major work in progress, it's kind of our catchall room for the moment!
***
We finally feel settled in and are really enjoying home ownership...even with all the new responsibilities that come with that!! :-)

2 comments:

bbcurfew said...

looking good! you could always sand down and refinish/repaint your master furniture if you're ever wanting a project in the future. i bet it feels great to be in a house after all those years.

The Wilkes said...

For some reason your blog never comes to the top of my list when you update...so I never see what's new in the Mortenson world. The house looks great. Hope you guys are enjoying Tucson!