Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Catch-Up Weekend

Back at Christmas, I told Kevin that a WONDERFUL gift he could give me would be a weekend to catch up on all the little and big projects that have been falling by the wayside since being pregnant and having Barrett, all the deep-cleaning that needed done and basically to just catch up on life. And he could do this by taking the kids to visit his parents for the weekend. And since I pretty much have the most amazing husband in the world, he agreed! So we planned it for a weekend that I wouldn't have to teach my lesson at church so I could 100% devote my time to all that needed done. And this weekend was it! It.Was.Fabulous! It really is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have 50 million (no exaggeration at all) interruptions!!
And the kids had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's! Barrett even got to ride a horse for the first time!! Yay Bubba!!!
The girls didn't even need to call me the entire time they were gone...they were having too much fun! And I got everything done that I wanted to, and then some. I still have a lot of things to do, don't we all...really is a mother/homemaker's work ever really done??!!! But I just feel sooooo much better about life. I feel like I can actually keep my head above water now! Thank you Kevin for supporting me and loving me and helping me be a better me! I love you and our precious babies so much!

2 comments:

jenny said...

you do have a wonderful guy, there!!! Pretty amazing, actually!!

Looks like they had a ton of fun!!!

Anderson Family said...

That's the best idea ever! Now I know what to ask for my birthday and Christmas until I'm an empty nester! You can never really do a good job at much with lots of distractions. Although your in-laws looks a lot more fun than mine! I wouldn't call home if I got to ride horses either!