Sunday, January 29, 2012

One of the BIG Projects...

THE PLAYROOM!!!
****
I have LOVED having a separate space for all the kids' toys. Being able to put it all away at the end of the day and relax in a family room with NO toys is one of my favorite things. However, from day one of living in this house, there has been no real organization to the playroom. We just put everything in there and hoped it would stay there. Here is the playroom shortly after we moved in, back in May of 2010. Since then, more things have just been crammed in there!!
Then I got my new bookcase (I love IKEA!!!) for Christmas! Here is the playroom right after getting it set up but before any real organization took place. I needed my kid-free weekend to accomplish all the de-junking that needed to take place!!
And here is the finished product!
Everything has a spot! I love the bins and that the kids now know where everything goes. I made wonderful little picture labels and laminated them! I still have aspirations of getting some fun vinyl lettering to go on the wall above the bookcase, and perhaps a cork board on the wall above the table and chairs so they can have a spot to hang their artwork...but we'll get there. Let's just hope the kiddos can help me keep it nice and tidy....hahahahaha, yeah right. Well, a girl can dream, can't she??!! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job! It looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

PS this is camille

The Wilkes said...

Well done! Looks good...hope it stays that way longer than 5 minutes! :)

jenny said...

you did very well!!! see you soon!!!

buy eve account said...

WoW! absolutely wonderful.=D