Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Despite having to give a talk in church on Sunday, I had a fabulous Mother's Day. :-) Kevin took care of Alexa pretty much the entire day, letting me have a much needed nap in the afternoon. And then he made me a wonderful dinner...pecan crusted chicken, smashed potatoes and salad...yummmm!! Tradition has been that I get a pair of flip-flop type slippers for Mother's Day, but this year, I really wanted some Crocs...so Alexa and Kevin picked some out for me...I think they did a great job!! :-) They're exactly what I wanted and they will get a LOT of use this summer! Thank you Alexa and Kevin! Being a mom is one of the greatest blessings and challenges in my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you Alexa, you are such a joy to me. And I love you too Kevin, you make my job as a mother easier by just being you!
Alexa thinks there's still more in the bag!! She wanted to try out my new sandals...this is seriously one of her favorite things to do! Happy Mother's Day to my own mom. Thank you for all you do. We love you tons! And Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, Marial. We appreciate your love and support. We love you tons too!
And also, a Happy Mother's Day to my sisters, sister-in-laws, and friends who are all wonderful mothers. You all are inspirations to me (this includes my own mamasita and Marial too!!)! I hope you all had a great day!

4 comments:

jenny said...

YOu are so sweet - hope you are feeling better, my sweet little girls!! luv you all bunches!!

jenny said...

So sorry you had to give a talk on Mother's day!! Seriously!!! Hope your day was wonderful in spite of that. I luv watching you be a mommy!! Just wish I could be closer, so I could watch and help more!!!

Kade and Emily said...

What a fun Mother's Day...besides having to give a talk. But, you did a great job on it!

the mortensen's said...

super cute crocs!