Monday, May 12, 2008

An odd day....

As most of you may or may not know, Alexa hasn't been much of a napper for the past couple of months. She's still a great sleeper at night, anywhere from 12 - 14 hours....but has decided she'll only take ONE 15 - 30 minute nap during the day. That just isn't conducive to me getting much done...but I've tried everything I can think of to change her schedule and nothing has worked, so I'm trying to accept the fact that she just doesn't want to nap. However, last Wednesday, not one, but two odd occurrences happened....the first being when Kevin and I took Alexa for a walk in Cherokee Park that morning at 9:30. By 9:50, she had fallen asleep in the stroller. That has NEVER happened before. It's usually her crib or nothin'! Anyways, she proceeded to sleep for a whoppin' 40 minutes!! It was great.
And then that afternoon, I had just gotten out of the shower (yes, I didn't get around to it until the late afternoon!!), when Kevin came into the room to tell me Alexa had fallen asleep on the couch. WHAT??? I couldn't believe it. I had to see it for myself. And sure enough, the pictures are evidence!! I debated what to do, let her sleep or move her to her crib....but then decided to take advantage of the opportunity to hold her while she slept. That hasn't happened since she was just a few months old. Kevin told me to go lay her down but I was enjoying myself too much!!! Who knows when that will happen again!!??!!

Aren't they just so sweet when they're sleeping??!! :-)

0 comments: