Monday, March 2, 2009

Girls' Overnighter!!

This past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to get a break from my wonderful mommy duties. It was just overnight, but it was so needed. I adore Alexa and absolutely love staying at home with her, but I haven't been apart from her since the day she was born and I was needing some ME time to rejuvenate...especially before Payton makes her arrival. So a group of fabulous ladies and I headed to the hills to this cute little cabin for some serious girl time. Thanks to Sarah's MIL for letting us use her cabin...it was wonderful!! The highlights of the trip...yummy food, great conversation, good laughs and the knowledge that I have truly been blessed with some friendships here in Kentucky that I will treasure always. Here are a few pics from our getaway...
On the way to the cabin. We travelled in two vehicles. Here are Amber, Erin and Emily.
And then Waveney and I.
(Sorry to Brinn, Sarah, Melissa and Janelle who were in the other car - no picture!)
LOVER'S LANDING...that was the name of Sarah's MIL's cabin before she bought it. I love it!
And here's the cute little cabin. What a fun place to head off to!
And who can resist a bacteria-infested hot tub??!!!! Of course, being pregnant I could not partake...but I did dip my feet in for awhile so as not to miss out on the fun times.
And here's the big group of us on Saturday morning before heading off for some hiking before heading home.
(Left to Right: Me, Emily R., Janelle R., Melissa T., Brinn K., Sarah R., Erin W.,
Waveney T. and Amber W.)
Thanks ladies for your friendship and for a fun getaway!

3 comments:

The Wilkes said...

What a great time! Thanks for sending the pics...in the first picture in the hot tub it looks like Janelle is about to give the camera the bird.

Kade and Emily said...

What a blast! So.....what are we doing next year??!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

How fun! I am glad you got some time alone before being a mommy of 2--double the trouble!