Saturday, February 25, 2012

LOVE

When my mom came to visit, she brought a project she has been working on for some time.
This painting of Alexa.
My mom did the painting from this picture (below), taken of Alexa when she was 18 months old. She was intrigued by something on our little balcony of the apartment that we lived in at the time. Didn't my mom do a fabulous job??
I. LOVE. IT!
The painting needs to be framed but it's already hanging in my upstairs hallway, the first thing I see as I walk upstairs. And I smile each time!
I've already sent her a picture of Payton at about the same age so she can begin working on another painting for my upstairs gallery!! :-)
Thanks mom, I really love it!

3 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

This is so awesome! I can't believe she did this! Is there anything she cannot do? Love it!

Krista said...

Your momma is amazing! What a treasure to be able to pass down to the next generations!

Anderson Family said...

Your mom is so talented! What an amazing keepsake.