Sunday, January 4, 2009

My baby brother gets married!!

The day of Sammy's wedding, we got up bright and early to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to Cardston. Jenn was gracious and offered to take Kevin, Alexa and myself which was a nice break from driving!! Here are 4 of us Baker girls (left to right: Katrina, Benita, Jenn and myself). Tausha was there somewhere and Shental wasn't able to make it due to bad weather. This was before the wedding actually took place, while we were all trying to stay warm in the Visitor's Center at the Temple.
And here comes the newly married couple....introducing Sam and Clarissa Baker.
It was so cold that day, so we all would run back inside to warm up for a few minutes and then run back outside to get a few pictures. I'm sad to say that my little family didn't get any pictures with the Bride & Groom all dressed up. We even forgot at the reception that night! But here is one with all the Baker siblings, minus Shental.
This following picture is one of the major reasons why I felt so strongly about going to Canada. My sweet Grandma is 93 years old and probably won't be around too much longer and I just would regret it so much if I didn't get a 4 generation picture with her. I had completely forgotten to do this on our last trip to Canada when Alexa was 9 months old so I am so extremely grateful that I was finally able to do this.
And we can't leave my Grandpa out of the picture! Can you believe he's 95 and still has almost a full head of dark hair????? I so hope I've got his genes!!
Okay, so there is sort of a picture of us with the bride and groom....and all the rest of the families from both sides.
Jenn made their cake and did a spectacular job! It turned out beautiful!
What a fun day! Good luck Sam and Clarissa with this exciting new chapter of your lives! We love you and are so happy we were able to share in your day!

1 comments:

Krista said...

I saw some pictures on facebook, but it is so nice to hear all about it. I am so glad you got to go. The same thing happened with Kasson's wedding. I got to go surprise him....but Anthony and the kids didn't get to go.